Summer Must-Haves: Our Linen Beach Dresses Edit
Change your summer forever with our edit of the most stunning linen beach dresses that you’ll be wearing this year and the next ten.
On the hunt for an all-expenses paid trip to the Mediterranean? Sorry for getting your hopes up, but we’ve got the next best thing. Breezy linen dresses that’ll make you feel like you’re always on holiday.
Whether you’re planning to skip winter this year and head overseas for a much-deserved vacation οr you’re incredibly organized and already getting ready for next summer (wow, we applaud you). These are the stunners you’ll want to tell only your best girlfriends about.
Plus, read on for our tips on how to find the perfect linen beach dresses for you. And advice on how to style your favourites so that you’ll be posting photos onto the ‘gram with full confidence.
What To Look For In Your Linen Beach Dresses
Just like the perfect allusive coffee, that’s hard to come by, the perfect linen dress isn’t always easy to find. It should tick off a few essentials. Here are the keys to finding your new favourites (because you’ll want more than one):
Focus On The Fit
Gone are the days of shapeless linens. More flattering looks feature belts or seams in just the right places for a touch of tailoring. A linen wrap dress will make you love the way you look, and click “add to cart” in seconds.
Linen still keeps all its breathability, lightness and wearability. But tailored details make it more modern and help enhance the beauty of the body. When scrolling endlessly online for the newest addition to your wardrobe, try to pay extra attention to the fit. It’ll make a major difference.
Top-Quality Is Key
Once you fall in love with a linen dress, you’ll want to wear it again and again. So that eventually means getting the washing machine involved. To keep your linens in their sparkly original condition after washes, it has to be a top-quality fabric.
For a linen dress that keeps getting more breathable as the temps rise, again, opt for quality. The lovely fresh feeling of linen on the skin is why we all fell in love, and certified organic linen will deliver this crispness and more.
Not to be that friend that turns every conversation topic into a chance to talk about themselves. But our LUXMII linen dresses are sustainable, organic and look like a million dollars.
Thickness Of The Fabric
Linen dresses can be light and airy or made from midweight and heavyweight fabrics that are thicker. Try to think about where and when you’ll be wearing your linens to choose the right thickness for you.
Super-light linens can appear sheer once worn on the body. A little translucency might be a good thing for a beach cover-up, but maybe not so much for brunch—just something to keep in mind.
Why Does Linen Make The Perfect Beach Dress?
- breathable – everyone wants airy and breezy dresses on hot days, and linen doesn't disappoint. It's so naturally breathable you'll feel like you're in a fully air-conditioned room. Ok, so that's hyperbole, but it's definitely the most breathable fabric ever invented.
- washing linen is stress-free – during the summer, we're all washing our clothes non-stop. Thankfully linen machine washes easily. Just stick to temperatures below 30C. Giving you extra peace of mind and time.
- healthy and clean for the skin — linen loves your skin as much as you do. It's super gentle. Naturally anti-microbial and hypoallergenic, wearing linen means you won't be walking around with bacteria trapped in your clothes.
The Linen Beach Dresses That Are A Total Dream
Basique Linen Slip Dress
Introducing your new summer lifesaver, the Basique Linen Slip Dress that will keep you looking elegant, even if you only spent 10 mins getting ready. As its name suggests, simply slip into this light and airy number, and you're ready to wow.
Sustainably dyed in white, black, khaki or light grey, styling it comes without the headache. Match it with any timeless accessories, like leather slides, raffia bags or even a chic pair of every day sneakers.
The spaghetti straps add to the weightless barely-there feeling of this slip dress. Throw over an unbuttoned shirt in the same colour for protection against harsh rays or when the afternoon breeze kicks in. Beach looks are sorted.
Fiume Linen Maxi Dress
Got sand in the drink you've been waiting for all week? Not to fret. Nothing will be able to ruin your mood when you look this fabulous. Our Fiume Linen Maxi Dress is a stunner that's all about easy wear but still delivers on the glamour.
Bright and bold, just like the sun itself, the Fiume will have you feeling like your most confident, shining self. Its free-flowing tiered design perfectly suits beach day vibes, especially if that includes strolling, café hopping or alfresco lunches.
Style with strappy sandals like all the other fashion girls. Or dress it up with pearl jewellery and red-coloured heels for the after-party. All that's left is to hit up your favourite people, empty your camera roll and get ready to make lifelong memories.
Luciole Linen Midi Dress
What does a dress say about you? The Luciole Linen Midi Dress says sophisticated, European design only in the best fabrics. Just to prove it, the Luciole is cut from OEXO-TEX certified organic French linen that's breathable and anti-microbial—perfection on a sweltering day.
This must-have tackles the cut-out trend in an elegant and tasteful way that's appropriate for brunches, shopping in the city and even evenings out on the town. The unique sage green colourways style best with sunkissed skin or anything else already in your wardrobe (or piled up in the laundry).
Take this beauty for a spin to the lands where she originates and see her flourish in her natural environment. While you nibble on freshly made pastries just like the French.
Sirene Linen Midi Dress
No summer outfit is complete without a dainty white dress with soft ruffles. Think garden party.
The tiered layers of the Sirene Linen Midi Dress create a subtle pleating effect that's instantly effortless and classy. The balloon sleeves and v-neckline are finishing touches that add even more doses of elegance. Capped sleeves give extra sun protection and Grecian feelings.
While perhaps too luxe to wear to the beach, it's definitely a number that will stun on any rooftop or outdoor dinner party overlooking the ocean. As a bonus, the classic white colourway makes styling fuss-free.
Vida Linen Wrap Dress
Who knew a beach cover-up could be this stylish? Welcome to our new Vida Linen Wrap Dress that's crafted from 100% pure linen and is the true feeling of luxury.
Featuring elegant kimono sleeves, side slits for easy movement and a flattering wrap design, this is a dreamy dress you won't want to take off. An elevated and fresh spin on the classic white linen dress, it delivers goddess vibes without even trying.
Fancy evening soiree, anyone? Or a post-beach dinner. This dress calls for a trendy sculptural heeled sandal or your best dainty gold and silver jewellery. Or pair it with an equally elegant wide-brimmed hat for the ultimate poolside look—we can't resist the versatility.
How To Style Linen Beach Dresses
- the task is simple, linen dresses look stunning with any kind of fuss-free, clean accessories. But to nail the beach look, you won't lose with a woven straw tote bag and matching sun hat.
- for shoes, tie-up espadrilles, leather slides or even Birkenstocks all work wonders.
- in the bag department, anything with raffia will help add to the summer vibes. Luckily, large-scale bags are back on trend, so totes are also an easy go-to.
Conclusion: Our Linen Beach Dresses Edit
Elevated, classic everyday wear that’s what we think of when someone says “linen beach dresses”. Here’s a quick summary of why we will vouch for them all day long.
Why is linen the best fabric for a beach dress?
- extra gentle on the skin (anti-microbial and hypoallergenic)
- breathable (we've already talked so much about this, but if you're looking for lightweight dresses, linen is unbeatable)
- washes easily (as long as you stick to temperatures below 30C, linen can be machine washed without any stress)
How to find the perfect linen beach dress?
- pay attention to the fit — choosing tailored designs will flatter your body and also create a more modern look.
- top quality can't be beaten — to get all the beloved benefits of linen, try to go for organic linen designed by experts. It'll give you an extra luxe feel on the skin, plus longevity and durability.
- think about thickness — linen comes in many different thicknesses, so it's important to keep that in mind when browsing. Remember to check if your linens are too translucent and opaque. Or you can always wear nude underwear.